LKHS began as a general building construction company with an initial capital outlay of $150,000. Today it is a diversified group with 33 subsidiaries and 12 associated companies involved in three core activities – construction and civil engineering, property development, and property investment.
Since its inception, Low Keng Huat (Singapore) Limited (LKHS) has contributed significantly to the changing skyline of Singapore.
Its early projects included familiar landmarks such as People’s Park Complex, the first commercial housing project undertaken by the then newly formed Urban Renewal Department of the Housing Development Board’s Sale of Sites programme; the 52-storey OCBC Centre, then the tallest building in Singapore; the restoration of CHIJMES from a Catholic convent into a modern commercial landmark in the business hub in Singapore; and the Hard Rock Hotel & Convention Centre in Singapore’s first Integrated Resort at Sentosa island.
Several of LKHS construction and development projects had won national and international accolades, such as:
- MAS Building – Construction Excellence Award
- Islamic Centre of Singapore – Construction Excellence Award
- New Tech Park – Construction Excellence Award
- Duxton Hotel – Construction Excellence Award
- Singapore Post Centre – Construction Excellence Award
- Treetops Executive Residence – Construction Excellence Award
- CHIJMES – URA Architecture Heritage Award
- One North Residences – FIABCI Prix d’Excelience Award
- Duchess Residences – FIABCI Prix d’Excelience Award